Anyone can be the victim of a crime. Hopefully, this will never happen to you. If it has, though, you can potentially file a lawsuit to seek compensation for losses resulting from this experience, such as medical bills.
Are you a crime victim in the Allentown, Pennsylvania area? If so, review your case with an Allentown crime victim representation attorney at Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. We’ll explain how you may proceed with a lawsuit.
LIMITS FOR FILING CIVIL LAWSUITS IN PENNSYLVANIA
Don’t delay if you’re considering taking legal action after being the victim of a crime. The statute of limitations imposes deadlines for filing civil lawsuits. If you fail to file your lawsuit by the deadline, you’ll waive your right to seek compensation.
COMPENSATION AVAILABLE TO ALLENTOWN CRIME VICTIMS
The types of losses and damages for which you may seek compensation when filing a lawsuit can vary depending on numerous factors and circumstances. The following are some of the typical losses an Allentown crime victim attorney may help you pursue compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment for any injuries (including psychological injuries) you may have sustained as a result of your experience
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work while recovering from your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damages expenses
- Stolen property
That’s not necessarily an exhaustive list. The best way to get a sense of what types of damages may be available to you is to review your case with a legal expert. A team member at our Allentown crime victim representation firm will answer any questions you may have about this topic.
HOW AN ALLENTOWN CRIME VICTIM REPRESENTATION LAWYER CAN HELP SECURE COMPENSATION
Our attorneys have experience providing effective representation to victims of such crimes as:
- Child sexual abuse
- Sexual assault and rape
- Domestic violence
- Assault and battery
- Wrongful death
A qualified Allentown crime victim representation attorney can help you pursue compensation for losses associated with the crime committed against you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the incident to gather the evidence required to demonstrate someone committed a crime of which you were the victim
- Filing a lawsuit and handling all other administrative tasks that your case may involve
- Informing you of your rights so you can control the degree to which you are or aren’t actively involved in the process
- Accounting for your medical bills lost wages, and even non-economic losses like pain and suffering to estimate how much compensation you may deserve to recover
SCHEDULE A CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION AT AN ALLENTOWN CRIME VICTIM REPRESENTATION LAW FIRM
Being a crime victim is often a devastating experience. However, there are ways to get your life back on track in the aftermath of trauma.
One step you may take involves filing a lawsuit to hold the guilty party accountable. At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., our Allentown crime victim representation lawyers are prepared to help you pursue the justice you deserve. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us at 215-929-7216 today.