Slip and fall accidents are a common reality throughout Pennsylvania. Unlike the other types of accidents, slip and fall incidents can happen to anyone, and they often result in serious injuries. At Soloff and Zervanos, P.C., our Allentown slip and fall accident attorneys deal with all kinds of slip and fall accidents and have helped thousands of victims to get the compensation they are entitled to.
Statistics Of Slip And Fall Accidents
The National Floor Safety Institute published a report recently showing that the ratio of slip and fall accidents is nearly equal among men and women.
- Falls represent the top cause of hospital ER visits (21,3%), with over 8 million emergency room visits resulting from falls.
- The most severe consequence of falling is breaking a bone. Fractures occur in 5% of all falls.
- An estimated one out of three people over 65 will fall each year in the United States, most of whom have fallen before.
- The CDC reports that more than 15,000 seniors died of falls in 2005. More than double what it was a decade ago.
- According to the CDC, over 1.8 million older people aged 65 and older were treated in an emergency room due to a fall.
- Falling causes the second-highest rate of injury deaths among people 65-84 years of age; for people 85 years or older, it causes the highest rate of injury deaths.
Causes Of Slip And Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents have a variety of causes. They can happen at any place, whether at your office, home, or some public area. Sometimes slight negligence often results in severe fall accident injuries. Some of the dangerous conditions that may lead to the slip and fall accident include the following:
- Uneven surfaces
- Broken stairs
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Cluttered walkways
- Holes on the road
- Spills on the floor
- Defective elevators
- Recently polished tiles
- Torn carpets and more
Injuries Caused By Slip And Fall Accidents in Allentown
Many people often think of slipping and falling as a minor incident that will not cause any significant problems. The truth, however, is quite different. There have been many incidents of people slipping and falling on-premises and suffering debilitating injuries. Slip and fall incidents can cause a variety of injuries, including:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Cervical injury
- Bone fractures
An individual may have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on medical care after they suffer an injury.
Contact Allentown Slip And Fall Attorney Today
Slip and fall accidents are often so severe that you may not be able to work or carry out your usual day-to-day activities. If you or your loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, get in touch with our Allentown slip and fall attorneys as soon as possible. At Soloff and Zervanos P.C., we take care of our clients and help them get the maximum compensation. We understand you are already facing physical injury, and we do not want you to get emotionally stressed. Reach out to us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 866-597-8572.