Check out 'The Soloff & Zervanos Show' Podcast on WWDB Talk 860 - Click Here!

Allentown Bicycle Accident Lawyer

As bicycle usage has exploded, so has the number of bike collisions. A bicycle crash can be life-changing and cause severe injuries, such as head injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and emotional trauma. These injuries may result in extended hospital stays, physical therapy, and lost wages. When you suffered an injury in a bike wreck, you could seek compensation for your losses.

An Allentown bike accident lawyer may help you get compensation for your injuries. Your lawyer can gather evidence, witness statements, negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf, file a civil lawsuit, and fight to protect your interests. There are several legal pitfalls, and having the steady guidance of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney on your side will provide you with peace of mind.

Modified Comparative Fault and Bike Crashes

Frequently, more than one person is responsible for a bike collision. The state addresses this scenario with its modified comparative fault approach. This standard apportions responsibility for the incident among those involved. As long as the percentage of responsibility assigned to the bicyclist is less than that given to the other party, the biker may still recover that portion of their damages.

For example, the court concluded the bicyclist suffered $100,000 in damages. The court further found they were 25% responsible for the accident, and the other person was 75% responsible. The cyclist may still recover $75,000 from the defendant. Should the court find the biker 51% responsible and the other person 49% responsible, they may not recover any damages.

Assigning percentages of responsibility to a bicycle accident is a complex process, and the assistance of a practiced bicycle accident attorney in Allentown is critical to success. This is especially true when multiple defendants are involved in the case.

Compensation in a Bike Wreck Claim

A successful bike accident claim allows compensation for economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages compensate the injured person for out-of-pocket expenses. Noneconomic damages compensate the person for their pain, suffering, and emotional distress.

Examples of damages a court may compensate the injured person for after a bike crash include the following:

  • Property damage
  • Lost wages
  • Medical bills and prescription costs
  • Physical therapy
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of companionship
  • Loss of quality of life

A skilled attorney understands how to prepare an injury claim, calculate the damages, and negotiate with insurance companies. Experience with case preparation, presentation, how to calculate damages, and negotiation is essential to a successful lawsuit because the majority of cases settle before going to trial.

Statute of Limitations in Bike Crash Claims

The statute of limitations sets the amount of time an injured person has to bring a claim after an accident, including a bike crash. Generally, the person will have two years from the accident to file a claim. Some complex factors may extend or reduce the amount of time allotted. An experienced lawyer in Allentown could determine the time limit or any extensions for a bike wreck claim.

Contact an Allentown Bicycle Accident Attorney Today

An experienced Allentown bike accident lawyer may help you navigate the legal complexities in a claim and provide peace of mind as you focus on your recovery. We could help you secure the compensation you need to restore your life. Call us today to schedule an initial consultation.