When you are on another person’s property, whether a friend or at a grocery store, the last thing you expect is to be injured. If you are injured, you may be confused about what your options are, which is why you should contact a Cherry Hill premises liability attorney.
How These Accidents Happen
The most common type of premises liability accidents are slips and falls. They are the leading cause of premises liability cases. They are not the only ones, and most of these incidents are preventable. Examples of other premises liability incidents include:
- Parking lots: Property owners will often fail to keep these areas clean, which leaves them neglected. An accident can happen in parking lots if broken curbs or uneven surfaces.
- Store displays and shelves: Items can fall off shelves causing injury to unsuspecting customers. Shelves should be inspected to ensure that they are stable.
- Chemicals: It is common to find chemicals in any location, especially clean. These chemicals need to be stored and used correctly so that patrons cannot access them.
- Private residences: There are several dangers in private homes, and when a guest is invited onto the property, the owner is responsible for their safety. If there are any hazards, guests must be informed of these.
- Restaurants: One of the most common injuries at restaurants is food and food preparation. Food must be stored and cooked at the appropriate temperature so that guests do not become ill as a result.
What is Considered a Hazardous Condition?
Your Cherry Hill premises liability attorney will look at a critical element of the hazardous condition that caused your injuries. You might be curious to know what is considered a dangerous condition. Essentially, this constitutes any situation or condition on a property that can expose visitors to harm. However, it is essential to have an attorney look at your case to determine if the condition was unsafe.
What if a Property Owner Claims They Were Unaware of the Hazard?
Since one of the critical elements of a premises liability case is that the property owner knew about the dangerous condition and had time to remedy it, property owners will make a strong case against learning about the condition. The property owner will attempt to say that they were unaware of the hazardous condition and therefore could not have possibly been expected to remedy the situation. This does not mean that you cannot obtain compensation for your injuries. It would be up to your Cherry Hill premises liability attorney to prove that the property owner knew or should have known about the condition if they had been inspecting the property regularly.
Seek Compensation with the Help of a Premises Liability Attorney
You can obtain compensation for several things such as medical expenses, lost income, and more. It will be up to your Cherry Hill premises liability attorney to fight for your rights and obtain compensation on your behalf. Call the office of Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. at 866-597-8572 for an initial consultation.