The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) has a legal duty to maintain its vehicles and premises. If it failed to do so and you were injured as a direct result, you can seek compensation for your losses.
At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., our Pennsylvania attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience. This means you can count on us to thoroughly know the law and to clearly understand the best methods to use in your personal injury case.
In addition, our lawyers have been awarded Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating of AV Preeminent* and granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. These accolades testify to our exceptional legal skill. We will put this same skill to work on your behalf, seeking the financial compensation you need to recover and move on with life. To better serve you, we have offices in Allentown, Philadelphia, Reading, Lancaster, Cherry Hill, New Jersey and New York. Call us at 215-929-7216.
If SEPTA Was Negligent, You May Have A Strong Case
If you were injured in a moving bus, train or trolley, you may possibly have a valid claim against SEPTA. Here are a few potential examples:
- You are riding on a bus when it collides with another vehicle.
- You are riding on a bus when it comes to a sudden stop, throwing you forward and injuring you.
- While you are trying to exit a train, the conductor starts it moving prematurely, causing you to fall.
- You are walking down the sidewalk when a bus swerves into your path and hits you.
- You trip on a broken step at a SEPTA train station and tumble down the stairs.
We have years of experience dealing with SEPTA claims, and our lawyers can investigate the details of your situation and advise you accordingly.
Compensation Available to Victims of SEPTA Accidents
It’s important to understand that no ethical Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer can promise that you will receive a specific amount of compensation when and if you win your case. Numerous factors may influence the sum you eventually receive. That said, compensation that may be available to SEPTA accident victims includes (but isn’t necessarily limited to) compensation for such losses as:
● Medical bills, which may include bills for future medical care
● Lost wages, potentially including future lost wages if the severity of a victim’s injuries permanently removes them from the workforce or limits their earning potential
● Pain and suffering and other such non-economic damages The best way to get a clear sense of what types of compensation may be available to you is to review your case with an attorney. The experts at our Philadelphia SEPTA accident law firm will gladly discuss this topic with you in greater detail.
How a Philadelphia SEPTA Accident Lawyer Gathers Evidence of Negligence
If you have been injured in a SEPTA accident, one of the key factors in seeking compensation will be establishing that the accident was caused by negligence on the part of SEPTA or another responsible party. A Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer will gather evidence of negligence in order to build a strong case on your behalf.
Here are a few ways in which a SEPTA accident lawyer might gather evidence of negligence:
● Obtaining official documents: This can include police reports, incident reports, and other official documents related to the accident. These documents can provide important
details about the circumstances of the accident and may indicate whether SEPTA or another party was at fault.
● Interviewing witnesses: A SEPTA accident lawyer may interview witnesses to the accident, including passengers, bystanders, and first responders. Their accounts of what happened can provide valuable information about the cause of the accident and who may be responsible.
● Examining the accident site: The SEPTA accident lawyer may visit the accident site and conduct a thorough examination in order to gather additional evidence of negligence. This can include taking photographs, collecting physical evidence, and speaking with experts who can provide insights into the cause of the accident.
● Reviewing SEPTA policies and procedures: The lawyer may also review SEPTA’s policies and procedures to determine whether the company was in compliance with safety regulations and standards at the time of the accident. By gathering this evidence and building a strong case, a SEPTA accident lawyer can help you seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages.
It Costs You Nothing To Get A Professional Legal Opinion
Schedule a free consultation about your particular train, trolley or bus accident case by calling us at 215-929-7216 or sending us an email. We answer the phone 24/7, so don’t hesitate to contact us today and get the advice you need. We are ready and willing to help.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.