Check out 'The Soloff & Zervanos Show' Podcast on WWDB Talk 860 - Click Here!

Keeping Track of Pain and Suffering When Building a Personal Injury Case

Posted in Personal Injury on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.

When you’re injured in an accident resulting from another party’s negligence, you often have grounds to file a claim seeking financial compensation for your medical bills and other economic damages resulting from your accident.

However, not all the consequences of an accident are economic in nature. For instance, you may endure pain and suffering in the aftermath of an accident.

You may be able to secure compensation for this type of non-economic loss as well. You’ll typically have a better chance of doing so if you track your pain and suffering. These tips will help:

Keep a Pain and Suffering Journal

One of the most effective ways to keep track of your pain and suffering is to keep a journal. In this journal, you should write down the dates and times of your pain, the location of your pain, the intensity of the pain, and any other relevant information. This journal will serve as a record of your pain and suffering, and it will be an essential tool for quantifying your damages in a personal injury case.

Seek Medical Attention

It’s essential to seek medical attention if you have suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. Not only will your doctor be able to diagnose and treat your injuries, but they will also be able to provide you with a medical record of your injury and treatment. This medical record will be an essential piece of evidence in your personal injury case and will be used to quantify your pain and suffering.

Get a Second Opinion

If you are unsure about the extent of your injuries or the diagnosis given by your doctor, you should consider getting a second opinion. A second opinion can help to clarify the extent of your injuries and provide additional evidence to support your personal injury case.

Consider Hiring an Expert Witness

An expert witness can provide valuable testimony regarding your injuries and the extent of your pain and suffering. An expert witness can also provide an estimate of the value of your pain and suffering, which can be used to negotiate a settlement or present to a jury in a personal injury trial.

Keep Track of Your Expenses

In a personal injury case, you may be entitled to recover damages for the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injury. Keeping track of these expenses can help you to quantify your damages and support your claim for compensation.

Contact a Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney

Securing any form of compensation when you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another party is often easier when you have representation from an attorney. This is particularly true when you’re seeking compensation for pain and suffering and similar non-economic damages. It simply helps to have assistance from an expert who understands how to quantify such losses.

At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers have the experience necessary to help you demonstrate the full extent of your pain and suffering, as well as various other non-economic damages you may be eligible to recover. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us at 215-929-7216.